Saturday, March 28, 2009

Google Maps

I was thinking about taking maps with me, to keep track of where I was, where I'm going, where I've been. Turned out all the maps I'd need would be very expensive, and, more importantly, very bulky. They would also encourage me to find my way on my own, rather than interact with people. So I won't be taking them.

Instead, I'll be talking to people I meet, and checking Google Maps when I stop at libraries, and, with permission, people's houses. I'll also be keeping track of where I've been there. I'll be doing it in a simple, primitive way, because I won't have time to spend on making it fancy.

I've made a first attempt right now. It's not very interesting yet because I'm not on the road, but this is what it will look like.


View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment